Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Pavel Moukhataev <m_...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2018/09/26 14:48:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-375 Kafka Clients - make Metadata#TOPIC_EXPIRY_MS configurable

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-375%3A+Kafka+Clients+-+make+Metadata%23TOPIC_EXPIRY_MS+configurable

I'd like to introduce new feature for kafka client:
Making org.apache.kafka.clients.Metadata#TOPIC_EXPIRY_MS configurable

The problem is: if application sends records to some topic rarely then
topic metadata gets expired and sending thread is blocked by waiting topic
metadata.

Easy fix of this exact problem is to make Metadata#TOPIC_EXPIRY_MS
configurable and set it value higher than record sending period.

--
Pavel
+7-903-258-5544

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-375 Kafka Clients - make Metadata#TOPIC_EXPIRY_MS configurable

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pavel,

I have changed my KIP's number to 377 so all sorted out.

Cheers,
Viktor

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pavel,