Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stuart Turner <st...@salmon.com> on 2008/09/12 17:31:00 UTC

Image incorrectly positioned/overwrites text in 0.95

Hi

I'm trying to upgrade our application to use FOP 0.95 from 0.20.5. I'm
currently having an issue with images not being placed correctly within the
generated PDF document.

The example fo I've provided should generate a PDF with two lines of text
followed by the image of a signature followed by another line of text. This
generates as expected with 0.20.5 but with 0.95 insufficient space is made
for the image and it overwrites the two lines of text. I've tried changing
various properties of the fo:block and fo:external-graphic without any
success.

We use RTF2FO to generate our FO files and I'm running this on Windows XP
with Java 1.4.

Any help as to why this is happening and how I can correct it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Stuart

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19458044/Image.fo Image.fo
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19458044/pict0.png pict0.png
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19458044/Image_error_with_0.95.pdf
Image_error_with_0.95.pdf
http://www.nabble.com/file/p19458044/Image_works_with_0.20.5.pdf
Image_works_with_0.20.5.pdf

Re: Image incorrectly positioned/overwrites text in 0.95

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Sep 12, 2008, at 17:31, Stuart Turner wrote:

Hi

> I'm trying to upgrade our application to use FOP 0.95 from 0.20.5. I'm
> currently having an issue with images not being placed correctly
> within the
> generated PDF document.
>
> The example fo I've provided should generate a PDF with two lines
> of text
> followed by the image of a signature followed by another line of
> text. This
> generates as expected with 0.20.5 but with 0.95 insufficient space
> is made
> for the image and it overwrites the two lines of text. I've tried
> changing
> various properties of the fo:block and fo:external-graphic without any
> success.

Just played with it myself, and what's causing it is the 'line-
stacking-strategy' property specified on fo:root.
Seems to be compliant behavior for a value of 'font-height' at first
glance. Either remove it, or set to 'max-height' to get the expected
result.

see: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#line-stacking-strategy

HTH!

Andreas