Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ramon Casha <ra...@megabyte.net> on 2014/03/03 15:22:03 UTC

maven-assembly-plugin not working as expected

I am trying to use the maven-assembly-plugin to generate a modified version of a third-party artifact, by adding it as a dependency. When I build, it generates both jar files but it's not including the third-party artifact. My generated jar files contain nothing but the META-INF directory with the files that Maven generates itself.

My goal ultimately is to jarsign the third party file and install in in the local repository.

Here is my pom.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>antlr</groupId>
    <artifactId>antlr</artifactId>
    <version>2.7.6-SIG</version>
    <packaging>jar</packaging>

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.4</version>
                <configuration>
                    <descriptorRefs>
                        <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
                    </descriptorRefs>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>make-assembly</id>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>single</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>antlr</groupId>
            <artifactId>antlr</artifactId>
            <version>2.7.6</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

</project>

Ramon Casha

DISCLAIMER

The information transmitted in this message and any attachments is strictly confidential and intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
Any form of unauthorised review, transmission, disclosure, publication, reproduction, modification or other use of, or the taking of any action in reliance upon any of the information contained in this e-mail by individuals or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the named addressee or the person responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee and have received this communication in error, you must not disclose the contents of this e-mail to any other person; or make any copies thereof. If you are not the named recipient please delete/destroy any and all copies that may exist, whether in electronic or hard copy for and notify us immediately on the phone number indicated above and provide us with details about the said e-mail received in error.
Since the Internet is not a secure medium Megabyte cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any e-mail communications transmitted. All messages sent to and from Megabyte Ltd may be monitored and/or recorded to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures. We disclaim all responsibility and liability whatsoever in relation to any errors or omissions that may reveal themselves in this message and in relation to any damage that may result from any such errors or omissions. We disclaim all responsibility and liability for any damage that may arise from the unauthorised acts of third parties and/or the corruption of any data contained in this message.
Thank you.