Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mathias Mueller <ma...@rostock.zgdv.de> on 2004/01/05 12:15:57 UTC

Re: Re: Entity information

Hi Alberto,

First: Happy New Year,

I am parsing X3D files with Xerces. For using the store data correctly I
have to decode the strings I get into specific datatypes like vectors.
Therefor I have to know the type and attribute is of. For now I have build
a map for the type and the name. It works but is quite complex and
additionally not all names map to only one type.

So it would be great, if I could get this information from Xerces.
Especially for the attributes with several possibly types it would ease
the work a lot.

Do you need more information?

with kind regards

Mathias

Re: Re: Entity information

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 12.15 05/01/2004 +0100, Mathias Mueller wrote:
>Hi Alberto,
>
>First: Happy New Year,
>
>I am parsing X3D files with Xerces. For using the store data correctly I
>have to decode the strings I get into specific datatypes like vectors.
>Therefor I have to know the type and attribute is of. For now I have build
>a map for the type and the name. It works but is quite complex and
>additionally not all names map to only one type.
>
>So it would be great, if I could get this information from Xerces.
>Especially for the attributes with several possibly types it would ease
>the work a lot.

If you use an XML Schema, you can then call getDOMTypeInfo on the DOM nodes
to receive the datatype of attributes and elements (e.g.
URI=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema type=float)

Alberto