Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 13:47:18 UTC

Need Help: Updating the User Guide for new users/administrators, Russian/Spanish/English/German version

Hi,

we have a couple of user guides that need to be updated so we can release
them.
Does somebody have the time to do this?
This is a great opportunity to participate in the project even if you are
not coding or what to get started by enhaning the documentation.

See the current user guides:
http://openmeetings.googlecode.com/svn/docs/manuals/

We are of course also happy about any new language of the User Guide.

Any volunteers?

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner
http://www.openmeetings.de

Re: Need Help: Updating the User Guide for new users/administrators, Russian/Spanish/English/German version

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Alvaro!

Posted by greenes <zu...@gmail.com>.
OK Sebastian,

Posted by BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
I think, it would be helpful to have one up to date english 'master user gide' which is aproveed by the developers.

And then translate from this to all other languges.

Then I could help to translate to german.

Ed

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: Need Help: Updating the User Guide for new users/administrators, Russian/Spanish/English/German version

Posted by Guillaume Hilt <gh...@shadowprojects.org>.
Sorry, I didn't know and I was afraid my reply would be list in the
mailing-list.
I'm going to open a ticket.

   Guillaume Hilt

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
np :)

Have you seen the update that Alvaro did to the Guide for Version 1.9.1?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openmeetings/project/docs/OpenMeetings%201.9.1%20manual%20usuario%20espanol.odt

Maybe it is easier to translate that to French then starting from scratch.

Thanks!
Sebastian

Posted by Guillaume Hilt <gh...@shadowprojects.org>.
Forget the translation.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guillaume,

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Posted by Guillaume Hilt <gh...@shadowprojects.org>.

Posted by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

We somehow need one source for both html web instructions and pdf
manuals. It is possible to do so with Confluence. From the other side
Apache practice is to avoid using wiki for documentation.

We also need some process to avoid the whole translation each time we
get an update.

Maybe mentors can suggest some best practices how to keep
multi-language docs clean and maintainable?

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
Hi all:

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
www.aplustutoring.com

Re: Need Help: Updating the User Guide for new users/administrators, Russian/Spanish/English/German version

Posted by RM P <by...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mahmut TEKER <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,