Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Juan Macias <mc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/15 01:54:36 UTC

Axis2 1.3 WSDL2Java(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder) issue with imported wsdl

 Hi all,

I was upgrading my axis clients from Axis2 1.2 to Axis2 1.3, and wsdl2Java now throws an exception when I run it .

Exception in thread "Main Thread" org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
     [java] Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: There is no port type associated with the binding
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:250)
     [java]     at  org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:109)
     [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:141)
     [java]     ... 2 more

The WSDL that I�m using has a service definition on one file, then import another WSDL where the binding definitions reside and inside of it one more WSDL import where the port and schema are defined (Please see attachment for the WSDL document example).

I have downloaded the source code from the tag for 1.3 and changed the code to get it to work, the problem was on recursive calls to retrieve the Binding and PortType objects when the definitions exists on a  imported WSDL, like in my case. Explicitly I change the following methods org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder#getPortType and org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder#getBinding.

I look for the bug in the issue tracker for the project and I did not found a reference to this issue, I�m neophyte on the open source community process, and so my questions are should I raise a ticket on Jira? What should it be my next step? Should I avoid move to Axis2 1.3

Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.

Juan Macias.

---------------------------------

�Capacidad ilimitada de almacenamiento en tu correo!
No te preocupes m�s por el espacio de tu cuenta con Correo Yahoo!:
http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/

Re: Axis2 1.3 WSDL2Java(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder) issue with imported wsdl

Posted by Juan Macias <mc...@yahoo.com>.
Just got the nightly build as Amila suggested and it worked!

Thanks Amila.

Best Regards.

Juan Macias

Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com> escribió: Can you please have look at with a nighly build? I have fixed this issue?

thanks,
Amila.

On Dec 15, 2007 6:24 AM, Juan Macias <mcjmty@yahoo.com > wrote:
[...]

WSO2 Inc.

---------------------------------

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

On Dec 15, 2007 6:24 AM, Juan Macias <mc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was upgrading my axis clients from Axis2 1.2 to Axis2 1.3, and wsdl2Java
> now throws an exception when I run it .
>
> Exception in thread "Main Thread"
> org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException: Error parsing WSDL
>      [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine
> .<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
>      [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
>      [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
>      [java] Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: There is no port type
> associated with the binding
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(
> WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:250)
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices
> (WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:109)
>      [java]     at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine
> .<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:141)
>      [java]     ... 2 more
>
> The WSDL that I'm using has a service definition on one file, then import
> another WSDL where the binding definitions reside and inside of it one more
> WSDL import where the port and schema are defined (Please see attachment for
> the WSDL document example).
>
> I have downloaded the source code from the tag for 1.3 and changed the
> code to get it to work, the problem was on recursive calls to retrieve the
> Binding and PortType objects when the definitions exists on a  imported
> WSDL, like in my case. Explicitly I change the following methods
> org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder#getPortType and
> org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder#getBinding.
>
> I look for the bug in the issue tracker for the project and I did not
> found a reference to this issue, I'm neophyte on the open source community
> process, and so my questions are should I raise a ticket on Jira? What
> should it be my next step? Should I avoid move to Axis2 1.3
>
> Any advice would be helpful, thanks in advance.
>
> Juan Macias.

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.