Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Loïc Minier <lo...@via.ecp.fr> on 2003/11/06 11:30:24 UTC

Multiproject site generation

     Hello,

 I'm trying to use Maven Multiproject plugin in the following way:
   - I have a main project ("mtv");
   - I have en extension dir with two subprojects :
      * the torque database classes ("mtv-om" subproject)
      * the castor config classes ("mtv-config" subproject)

 I've properly set the multiproject options, however I met following
 problems:
   - when including dependencies on the subprojects in the main project,
     "maven multiproject" detects a loop (subprojects declared as
     extensions of the main project are dependencies of the main
     project), but I fail to see how I could have a correct build
     classpath for my mainproject without including them. Right now, I
     leave the dependencies to run "maven eclipse" or "maven" in the
     main project tree, but I comment them when I am doing a "maven
     multiproject".

   - when I had only torque in the extensions, I could happily do a
     "maven multiproject site:fsdeploy" to generate the site and copy
     it on the server, but with the new castor subprojct I can't:
     the javadoc target is complaining about missing sources and
     targetPackage. I fail to see how I could resolve this and I'd
     appreciate pointers to a castor subproject if anyone has some.

   - the license file is in my main project dir, and the
     project.properties of my subprojects refer to it with
     ${basedir}/../../LICENSE.txt this fails in multiproject goals but
     succeeds when running maven in a subproject. How do you conceal the
     two?

 Any comments are gracefully appreciated.

Loïc Minier <lo...@dooz.org>