Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Julien OIX <ju...@presidence.univ-nantes.fr> on 2002/01/24 14:48:22 UTC

Tomcat/Apache acces control

hi everybody,

I'd like that directories under my Virtual Host's DocumentRoot can't be
browsed by an URL ...

I supposed that the Apache configuration could resolve this (in a
<Directory> directive, put the line "Options -Indexes" or "Options
None"), but it doesn't
work ...(browsing is always enabled by the Tomcat/Apache service!!)

I can control this stuff with Tomcat configuration but I'd like to group
access control ...

<Directory /var/tomcat4/webapps/univ>
        Options None
        Order Allow,Deny
        Deny from all
</Directory>

an other problem:

when I only keep (out of the VH section),

<Directory />
	AllowOverride None
	Order Allow,Deny
	Deny from all
</Directory>

I still can access the site; where is the problem ?

Do I have to put these lines in the VH section ? or anything else ?

I'm using RedHat 7.1, apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0.1

thanks in advance
--
Julien OIX
Service Informatique de Gestion