Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Michal Lenc <mi...@seznam.cz> on 2023/03/13 11:39:44 UTC

Configuration of external RTC results in build error

Hello,

there seems to be a possible build error hidden in configuration of external
RTC. If configure CONFIG_RTC and CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL to use external RTC the
build ends

with following error:

undefined reference to `up_rtc_initialize'

This is caused by lines

https://github.com/apache/nuttx/blob/master/sched/clock/clock_initialize.c#L
218

and

https://github.com/apache/nuttx/blob/master/include/nuttx/arch.h#L2272

that declare and call function up_rtc_initialize which however I suppose is
not used since external RTC is to be configured. This happens since pull
request #5232 (https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/5232) which removed && !
defined(CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL) from files mentioned above. The quick fix so
far is to add the constrain of disabled CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL back as
suggested here (https://github.com/michallenc/incubator-nuttx/commit/bc04eb9
d891c44a6b41bb0badf34636e24e63b61).

Some ideas or objections? I am not sure if there was not some other change
that would require different configuration of external RTC.

Best regards,

Michal Lenc

答复: [External Mail]Configuration of external RTC results in build error

Posted by Guiding1 Li 李桂丁 <li...@xiaomi.com.INVALID>.
Hi Michal,

I suggest you keep this up_rtc_initalize(), without CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL.

  1.  External RTC is also a RTC, need init/setup operation.
  2.  If you don't want setup RTC in up_rtc_initalize(), you can keep it empty.
  3.  If you don't want to use RTC, then close CONFIG_RTC
  4.  CONFIG_RTC_EXTERNAL not only hardware RTC, but also virtual RTC, (like rpmsg_rtc), it need setup/init

Thanks.

#/******本邮件及其附件含有小米公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件! This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from XIAOMI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!******/#