Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2014/10/28 10:59:10 UTC

CloudStack repos

Hi All

ShapeBlue is now publicly hosting CloudStack APT/YUM repositories and SystemVM templates for everyone. To know more about why we did this please read our blog post: http://shapeblue.com/apache-cloudstack/cloudstack-packages-repository/ ‎

We have committed to doing this going forwards for the project. The underlying infrastructure is kindly provided by BT Cloud Compute

ShapeBlue’s CloudStack packages hosting aims to deliver a reliable and trusted source of getting Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 and above builds that are GPG signed with information on releases such as release notes, install and admin documentation, api docs etc all at one place. We also provide a choice of repositories such as upstream (built out of voted/tagged Apache CloudStack release), main (built out of official CloudStack releases with any patch/fixes by ShapeBlue with separate release notes if the build differs official CloudStack release) and testing (unstable/untested nightly builds). All APT/YUM repository packages are noredist builds that means you get all the components and features CloudStack has to offer.

For more details on using ShapeBlue CloudStack packages hosting please visit: http://shapeblue.com/packages

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
That's great, Rohit. I love the "good ACS citizens" bit. This is how it should be done.
I know there are big clouds out there running ACS which haven't given back much (if at all).

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Great. Other than these two directories, there is a source directory (though source tarballs are already mirrored by ASF infra): http://packages.shapeblue.com/source

> Really glad to see this happening, too bad we can't do it through Apache, but still, this is why we have communities for, I guess. ;-)

The server we’ve currently is in UK generously donated by BT, happy to collaborate on setting more mirrors from the main repo/infra. Also, in case you or anyone has suggestions to improve this service or fix any issue.

I’ll soon blog on how we build/test and package; I’ve a staging repository here: packages.bhaisaab.org that gets builds from Jenkins (packages.bhaisaab.org:8080). To build ShapeBlue’s patch/main repo, we have a https://github.com/shapeblue/cloudstack repository that is public as well. We try to develop in the upstream as much as possible, avoid forking CloudStack and be good ACS citizens. After validation/testing is put on the packages.shapeblue.com repository after signing the packages using a GPG key that is already in my web of trust and since many of the other contributors have signed my GPG public key in previous key signing party, it’s in the 2nd degree of web of trust and verifiable. Gist used for building signed repo from Jenkins built debs/rpms: https://gist.github.com/bhaisaab/e19463222663a2201aed

Regards.

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Rohit,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Rohit,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Rohit,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Lucian,

Re: CloudStack repos

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Great!

Two questions:
1 - would you guys be willing to publish this via rsync as well so people can easily create mirrors?
2 - what can we expect in http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/? I'd love to have "beta" releases in there, especially during RC testing periods, perhaps with incremental version numbers so "yum update" will do the right thing.

Good job!

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro