Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ccruiz <cr...@linkvest.com> on 2006/05/15 11:25:07 UTC

Create Maven plugin

I am new to maven and I am currently creating a plugin for building a
particular type of project using Maven 2.x. To acheive this I develop a
plugin based in an Ant mojo.

I would like to have access, in my Ant mojo script, to a XSL file
(transform.xsl) stored into the plugin (at the root repository).

To achieve this i added a ressource to the plugin's pom.xml :

   </dependency>
</dependencies>
<build>
   <resources>
      <resource>
         <directory>.</directory>
         <includes>
            <include>transform.xsl</include>
         </includes>
      </resource>
   </resources>
   <plugins>
      <plugin>

Then i created a test.build.xml file that looks like this :

<project>
   <target name="create_export">
      <xslt processor="trax" style="transform.xsl" in="in.xml"
out="out.xml"/>   </target>
</project>

And finally, i create a test.mojos.xml that looks like this :

<pluginMetadata>
   <mojos>
      <mojo>
         <goal>create_export</goal>
         <call>create_export</call>
         <requiresProject>true</requiresProject>
         <description>Generate an export jar of the project.</description>
         <parameters>
            <parameter>
               <name>scriptsDir</name>
               <property>scriptsDir</property>
               <required>true</required>
               <defaultValue>./scripts</defaultValue>
               <expression>${scriptsDir}</expression>
               <type>java.lang.String</type>
               <description>The scripts directory.</description>
             </parameter>
          </parameters>
       </mojo>
   </mojos>
</pluginMetadata>

In this implementation, when i execute my plugin against a project, my
plugin search the transform.xsl file in the project root repository instead
of the plugin root repository like i want.

Could someone telle me why it doesn't work and how i cant access to the XSL
file, please ?

Thanks in advance!