Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Jan Goyvaerts (jgoyvaer)" <jg...@cisco.com> on 2002/09/02 17:39:15 UTC

Groups & Categories

Hello Jetspeed users,

I have a question that is probably a very stupid one, but since I can't
find documentation about it :

How do the groups and portlet categories fit together in the security
model ?

Thanks,

Jan.

Re: Groups & Categories

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Jan,
Currently groups are only used in the Turbine authorization access
controller, not the default Registry access controller. See Turbine's
documentation on how Groups are used.  Portlet Categories are only used
by the customizer to filter the list of available portets.

Paul Spencer