Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "MacDonald, Kyle" <ky...@amd.com> on 2005/11/16 01:29:39 UTC

AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

AMD will be providing (4) 2P AMD Dual Core Opteron based systems to help
with dev, testing and QA.

In addition we will be happy to have our Java team assist with
development support issues around x86-64 and multi-core.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help Geronimo.

Kyle

Kyle MacDonald
AMD

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 15, 2005, at 4:29 PM, MacDonald, Kyle wrote:

> AMD will be providing (4) 2P AMD Dual Core Opteron based systems to
> help
> with dev, testing and QA.
>
> In addition we will be happy to have our Java team assist with
> development support issues around x86-64 and multi-core.
>
> Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help Geronimo.
>
> Kyle

Very excellent!  We could certainly use the hardware in gbuild.

Your timing couldn't be any better as I am very nearly finished with
a JMS-based, distributed, build system.  It's an extension of
Continuum that runs as an agent and pulls work from a jms queue, runs
it, and pushes the result onto a jms topic.  We should be maxing out
the capacity of the machines in the gbuild network very soon.  This
will make a huge difference!

When do you expect the machines will be online?

-David

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
MacDonald, Kyle wrote, On 11/15/2005 4:29 PM:

>AMD will be providing (4) 2P AMD Dual Core Opteron based systems to help
>with dev, testing and QA.
>
>In addition we will be happy to have our Java team assist with
>development support issues around x86-64 and multi-core.
>
>Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help Geronimo.

Whoo hoooo!!!!

Regards,
Alan

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by Erin Mulder <me...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Jeff Genender wrote:
>> Do they come with rails?
>
> Alan, I hate to break it to you, but Geronimo is written in Java, not
> Ruby ;-)

I'd be happy to help you remedy that. ;)

Cheers,
Erin (who's doing more Ruby than Java these days!)

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
David Blevins wrote, On 11/16/2005 4:16 PM:

> On Nov 16, 2005, at 2:25 PM, Winston Damarillo wrote:
>
>> Kyle,
>>
>> Very cool !
>>
>> If the machines need to live in a datacenter with some admin
>> support. we would be glad to host it at Simula's cage along with  the
>> other gbuild servers.
>>

> That would actually be extremely convenient.  Nice to have a fast
> switch between the boxes rather than a large span of internet.

Do they come with rails?

Regards,
Alan

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Winston Damarillo <wd...@gmail.com>.
Kyle,

Posted by Barry van Someren <ba...@j-v.nl>.

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/15/05, MacDonald, Kyle <ky...@amd.com> wrote:

> AMD will be providing (4) 2P AMD Dual Core Opteron based systems to help
> with dev, testing and QA.
>
> In addition we will be happy to have our Java team assist with
> development support issues around x86-64 and multi-core.
>
> Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help Geronimo.

What an incredible donation - woooooooohooooooooo!!!

Will there be an operating system pre-installed on them? Will these be
hosed at AMD? Is there anything that you need from the Geronimo team?
Please let us know.

And a big *THANK YOU* to AMD!!!

BTW, we should set up a page on the website that lists all the
hardware contributions as a thank you to the contributors.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: AMD Opteron Equipment for Development/Testing

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
Hi Kyle,

Any idea on where this is at?  Can't wait to get the boxes busily
testing....

Thanks,
David

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.