Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by ashok chandrasekar <as...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 15:00:48 UTC

Modifying source code of hadoop

Hi,
I am new to hadoop. I want to make a few changes to the hadoop source code
for my college project. How can I do this? How to compile and test the
modified code? What tools are needed to perform this? Your reply will be of
great help to me.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Modifying source code of hadoop

Posted by Adam Brown <ad...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Samaneh,

Have you checked your repository location vs. what is in the POM?
http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/reference/properties.html

Your local repo is probably in ~/.m2

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Re: Modifying source code of hadoop

Posted by Samaneh Shokuhi <sa...@gmail.com>.
I put cygwin's bin on windows PATH ,but i got the same error .
Anyway i decided to move on Ubuntu .
So I have got the hadoop source on Ubuntu  and tried to build that with
"mvn clean package" ,but I got another error which complained about pom
validation :

Failed to validate pom  for project hadoop-project !

any comment on that ?!

Samaneh

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Samaneh Shokuhi <sa...@gmail.com>.