Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/01/30 00:27:18 UTC

moving the -talk list

Re: moving the -talk list

Posted by "Malte S. Stretz" <ms...@gmx.net>.
On Friday 30 January 2004 00:27 CET Justin Mason wrote:
> OK, one message there took *5 days* to get through sf.net.  That's a
> disaster in my book.   can we get a vote on this proposal?
>
> - we open up a new <SpamAssassin-user /at/ incubator.apache.org> list,
>   with no default subscriber list
>
> - we join ;)   Also, committers who would like to help with moderation
>   would be great.
>
> - we post a message to SpamAssassin-talk noting the new list; also
>   amend list info page, list description, and lists.html
>
> - close -talk down (set it to moderated status)
>
> - let people subscribe as they like
>
> - once we move out of the incubator, Apache will be able to
>   transition the incubator subscriber list to the apache.org one
>
> - they will also be able to set List-Id header to remain the same
>   for both lists (Malte's request)
>

> Sound good?

+1

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>

Re: moving the -talk list

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason) writes:

> - we open up a new <SpamAssassin-user /at/ incubator.apache.org> list,
>   with no default subscriber list

Should we send or generate subscription messages for everyone?  Everyone
would still have to confirm so the list will still be cleaned of old
subscribers.  I can go your way too, I'm just offering another
possibility.

Also, we are still hoping for a non-incubator address for -talk, I
think.

Daniel