Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/05 20:43:27 UTC

Apache + SSPI + SVN

Hello Guys,

I'm using integrated AD auth with mod_auth_sspi, and I'm having strange
troubles. Sometimes, some users can do checkout or update in a repository,
but can't commit. It has write access in the SVNAccessFile.

Looking in apache log I found the error:

[Mon Jun 05 17:40:40 2006] [error] [client 10.173.21.17] (OS 87)The
parameter is incorrect.  : authentication failure for "/svn/Volvo/trunk":
user unknown, reason: cannot generate context

It happens not for all users and all of them uses the same windows AD and
the same versions of TortoiseSVN.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Lemes

Re: Apache + SSPI + SVN

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 5, 2006, at 23:42, Hannes Erven wrote:

>> [Mon Jun 05 18:04:32 2006] [error] [client 10.173.21.48 <http://
>> 10.173.21.48>] Access denied: 'architettura\\daniel.gilbertoni'
>> MKACTIVITY volvo:
>> One issue is that my repository Dir is "Volvo" (with "V"), and the
>> user has checked out "volvo" (with "v"). Is there any know issue
>> about this under windows?
>
> Yes, it's a FAQ - Windows treats file names case-insensitively,
> which means that you cannot create "Volvo" if "volvo" exists.
>
> See here: http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#case-change

Is "Volvo" a directory within the repository, or is "Volvo" the name
of the repository itself? The FAQ entry concerns the former situation
only.

In fact, perhaps in either case, the FAQ entry is irrelevant. The
issue at hand here is with access permissions, which are case-
sensitive always, which is problematic when the repository (or part
of it) is checked out with the wrong case.

Re: Apache + SSPI + SVN

Posted by Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com>.
Just for information.

I did some tests today and found that the problem is true. I don't know if I
can call it a Bug...

1) Create the repository with svnadmin create c:\svn\Blah
2) Add my user in svnaccessfile:
[Blah:/]
mydomain/myuser = rw

[blah:/]
mydomain/myuser = rw

3) Checkout the repository, with correct URL: http://myserver/svn/Blah
4) Add and commit a file. It Works.
5) Kill the working copy
6) Another checkout, with wrong URL: http://myserver/svn/blah
7) Modify a file, try to commit: MKACTIVITY error.

I'll try to do some apache mod_rewrite stuff to fix this in server-side. If
I have success, I'll post it to the list.

[]'s

Eric Lemes

Re: Apache + SSPI + SVN

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.

Re: Apache + SSPI + SVN

Posted by Hannes Erven <h....@gmx.at>.
Hi Eric,

Re: Apache + SSPI + SVN

Posted by Eric Lemes <er...@gmail.com>.
I think I've posted the wrong error... this is the one:

[Mon Jun 05 18:04:32 2006] [error] [client 10.173.21.48] Access denied: