Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.com> on 2009/05/29 09:28:27 UTC

Re: [Patch] make parse-diff.c compile with VC6 (forgot to CC everyone)

Branko Cibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote on 29.05.2009 10:22:26:

> Well, to be pedantic, we usually include system headers before local
> ones, not after 'em; but, http://beige.bikeshed.com/ . Approved.
>
> -- Brane

But I distinctly remember someone stating the opposite right on this list
- the reason being to catch local headers, that don't include required
system ones. (I remember because as someone who hasn't done any C in
years, I thought to myself - that's smart).

Br,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2356700

Re: [Patch] make parse-diff.c compile with VC6 (forgot to CC everyone)

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:28:27AM +0200, Miha Vitorovic wrote:
>    Branko Cibej <br...@xbc.nu> wrote on 29.05.2009 10:22:26:
>
>    >
>    > Well, to be pedantic, we usually include system headers before local
>    > ones, not after 'em; but, http://beige.bikeshed.com/ . Approved.
>    >
>    > -- Brane
>    But I distinctly remember someone stating the opposite right on this list
>    - the reason being to catch local headers, that don't include required
>    system ones. (I remember because as someone who hasn't done any C in
>    years, I thought to myself - that's smart).

I'd say it's a matter of preference. It amounts to the question
of whether you want the header to be self-contained, or whether you
want to avoid including everything and the kitchen sink, making sure
that the program includes only required dependencies.

The first approach puts the burden on the header, the second approach
puts the burden on the program. Shrug.

Stefan