Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by dh...@thomsonreuters.com on 2014/06/20 15:56:18 UTC

Getting " 'type' of undefined " in LogCat

Hi,

  We are developing a android app using Cordova. We are trying to detect the network connection ,we are not able to get the network connection. Please guide us on this regard.

Sample code  for your reference,

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <title>navigator.connection.type Example</title>

    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="../../js/cordova-2.2.0.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">

    // Wait for device API libraries to load
    //
    document.addEventListener("deviceready", onDeviceReady, false);

    // device APIs are available
    //
    function onDeviceReady() {
        checkConnection();
    }

        function checkConnection() {

            var networkState = navigator.connection.type;

            var states = {};
            states[Connection.UNKNOWN]  = 'Unknown connection';
            states[Connection.ETHERNET] = 'Ethernet connection';
            states[Connection.WIFI]     = 'WiFi connection';
            states[Connection.CELL_2G]  = 'Cell 2G connection';
            states[Connection.CELL_3G]  = 'Cell 3G connection';
            states[Connection.CELL_4G]  = 'Cell 4G connection';
            states[Connection.CELL]     = 'Cell generic connection';
            states[Connection.NONE]     = 'No network connection';

            alert('Connection type: ' + states[networkState]);
        }

    </script>
  </head >

Regards,
Dheeraj

RE: Getting " 'type' of undefined " in LogCat

Posted by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com>.
In general, support questions should be posted to Stack Overflow, or the Google group. This list is for the *development* of Cordova itself.

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-network-information/blob/master/doc/index.md