Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org> on 2022/11/22 16:18:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 1.1.0 RC4

Hi Everyone,

I propose that we release the following RC as the official Apache
Iceberg 1.1.0 release.

The commit ID is ede085d0f7529f24acd0c81dd0a43f7bb969b763
* This corresponds to the tag: apache-iceberg-1.1.0-rc4
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/commits/apache-iceberg-1.1.0-rc4
* https://github.com/apache/iceberg/tree/ede085d0f7529f24acd0c81dd0a43f7bb969b763

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/apache-iceberg-1.1.0-rc4

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/iceberg/KEYS

Convenience binary artifacts are staged on Nexus. The Maven repository URL is:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheiceberg-1114/

Please download, verify, and test.

Please vote in the next 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Iceberg 1.1.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 1.1.0 RC4

Posted by Steven Wu <st...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

   1. Flink SQL testing (1.16)
      1. Downloaded Iceberg-flink-runtime jars (1.16) from Nexus staging
      repository.
      2. verified that batch write worked
      3. verified that FLIP-27 source works with batch and streaming read
      4. verified that the current (pre FLIP-27) source works with batch
      and streaming read
      5. There is a regression in Flink 1.16.0 regarding importing external
      jar. See FLINK-30035 for details. This is not related to Iceberg release.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

Thanks for asking. It is indeed the creation time as Ajantha already
indicated. I released the RC4 artifact as the final version
<https://iceberg.apache.org/how-to-release/#finishing-the-release> earlier
today after Gabor concluded the vote. The tag and release are published on
Github, and we're working on the steps of the documentation.

Kind regards,
Fokko

Posted by Ajantha Bhat <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.

Posted by Piotr Findeisen <pi...@starburstdata.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gabor Kaszab <ga...@apache.org>.
Hey All,

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Daniel Weeks <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by leilei hu <hu...@gmail.com>.
+1(non-binding)

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
 +1 (non-binding)

Posted by Rushan Jiang <ru...@andrew.cmu.edu>.
+1 (non-binding)

   1. Verified checksum, signature, and licenses
   2. Verified build and all tests with JDK11 and JDK8

Thanks,
Rushan Jiang

--
*Rushan Jiang*

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 1.1.0 RC4

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@tabular.io>.
+1 (binding)

--
Ryan Blue
Tabular

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 1.1.0 RC4

From: Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>
Date: Thursday, November 24, 2022 at 11:12 PM
To: "dev@iceberg.apache.org" <de...@iceberg.apache.org>
Cc: John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL][VOTE] Release Apache Iceberg 1.1.0 RC4

[...]

    FileOperation{fileType=METADATA_JSON, operationType=INPUT_FILE_NEW_STREAM},
[...]

+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Mingliang Liu <li...@apache.org>.
 Happy holidays!

Posted by John Zhuge <jz...@apache.org>.