Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jose Alberto Fernandez <jo...@us.oracle.com> on 2000/02/01 00:38:05 UTC

Re: javadoc/NT : Task not working

At lease of NT, there is also %* at least on NT that will pass the entire list
of arguments, no mater how many.

But notice that it always expands to the ORIGINAL FULL LIST, even if one has
done a shift.

    echo %*
    a b c d e f g
    echo %1
    shift
    echo %1
    echo %*
    a b c d e f g

Michael Smith wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > Question: what's the point of going thru runant.bat anyway? before, I
> > called javadoc directly from runtime.exec() and had no problems.
> >
> > This is why I patched Exec() to be able to "bypass" that shell
> ? wrapping.
> >
> > Sorry, but I miss that point.
>
> I can't be 100% certain, because I didn't implement this stuff for Ant,
> but...
>
> See bug #4081777 (closed in favor of #4109888)
>
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4081777.html
> http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4109888.html
>
> This workaround is to set the current working directory (the "dir" on
> property the Exec task) to execute the process in.  Without the script/batch
> file, the process runs in whatever directory the JVM wants to (probably the
> directory the JVM was started in).
>
> The bug is "fixed" in JDK 1.3 by the addition of a File argument to the exec
> method to specify the directory the process should be executed from.
>
> As for the limit of 8 or 9 command line arguments in NT, this can be worked
> around in the batch file with the following (note: I don't think this works
> on windows 95/98):
>
> RCS file: /home/cvspublic/jakarta-ant/src/bin/antRun.bat,v
> retrieving revision 1.2
> diff -r1.2 antRun.bat
> 3,4c3,16
> < echo %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
> < %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
> ---
> > shift
> >
> > set ARGS=
> >
> > :ARGLOOP
> > if "%1"=="" goto ARGLOOPDONE
> > set ARGS=%ARGS% %1
> > shift
> > goto ARGLOOP
> >
> > :ARGLOOPDONE
> >
> > echo %ARGS%
> > %ARGS%
>
> Regards,
> michael
> --
> michael@sneakerlabs.com
> http://www.sneakerlabs.com

 Jose Alberto Fernandez               500 Oracle Parkway, M/S 9op4
 Development Manager                  Redwood Shores, CA 94065
 ORACLE Corp.                         Phone: (650) 506-8830
 Java Products Group                  Fax: (650) 506-7303
 Languages & Obj-Relational Tech      Email: jofernan@us.oracle.com