Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/19 00:25:55 UTC

2 questions, one on style, one on NOTICE for NIFI-1081

I've reviewing Joseph Percivall's NIFI-1081. It added
org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.util.SoftLimitBoundedBAOS

How do we feel about BAOS vs ByteArrayOutputStream?

Also, it was heavily based on Hadoop's implementation of I believe
org.apache.hadoop.io.BoundedByteArrayOutputStream [1]

The below snippet was added to the NOTICE, I'm not sure if it is right. How
do we credit another apache project, hadoop, with providing the basis? I
didn't see an obvious example of this already in the source tree

============= BEGIN SNIPPET ============
This product includes the following work from the Apache Hadoop project:

BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java
============= END SNIPPET ==============

[1]
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/3b85bd7c3391719624a261f061a67cc4356be477/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/io/BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java

Re: 2 questions, one on style, one on NOTICE for NIFI-1081

Posted by Oleg Zhurakousky <oz...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 for spelling it out. Those acronyms may save one from typing, but introduce more confusion. With modern IDE long names is no longer a problem.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
I did find:

>From Phoenix (https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/NOTICE)

It includes software from other Apache Software Foundation projects,
including, but not limited to:
  - Apache HBase
  - Apache Hadoop
  - Apache Commons

>From Mahout (https://github.com/apache/mahout/blob/master/NOTICE.txt)
It includes software from other Apache Software Foundation projects,
including, but not limited to:
  - Apache Lucene Java
  - Apache Solr
  - Apache Hadoop
  - Apache Commons
  - Apache Spark
  - Apache Flink

Posted by Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

From:

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Combing for examples this was one of the only I could find that was similar:
>From Accumulo:

This product includes the following work from the Apache Thrift project:

TNonblockingServerSocket.java

Apache Thrift
Copyright 2006-2010 The Apache Software Foundation.

[1] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/NOTICE

Posted by Tony Kurc <tr...@gmail.com>.
Joe,
It looks to me from your patch like you named it BAOS.

From: