Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Romualdo Rubens de Freitas <ro...@sercomtel.com.br> on 2003/04/15 06:41:10 UTC

* * * ActionErrors problem * * *

Hi Folks,

I'm getting troubles with ActionErrors and a strange exception.

This is what I have:
===== struts-config.xml (begin) =====
   <form-beans>
     <form-bean name="proprietariosForm"
                type="com.imovelnaweb.forms.ProprietariosForm"/>
     .
     .
   </form-beans>
     .
     .
   <action-mappings>
     .
     .
     <action path="/saveProprietarios"
             type="com.imovelnaweb.actions.ProprietariosSaveAction"
             name="proprietariosForm"
             scope="request"
             input="/jsp/cancelled.jsp">
     </action>
     .
     .
   </action-mappings>
     .
     .
===== struts-config.xml (end) =====

ProprietariosSaveAction is called from proprietarios.jsp that has a
===== ProprietariosSaveAction (begin) =====
      .
      .
      if (isCancelled(request)) {

         errors.add(ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR,
                          new ActionError("cancelled",
                                          "Cancelled by the user."));
         saveErrors(request,errors);
         return new ActionForward(mapping.getInput());
      }
      .
      .
===== ProprietariosSaveAction (end) =====

===== cancelled.jsp (begin) =====

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

     <center>
       <b>Main Menu</b>
     </center>
===== cancelled.jsp (end) =====

With the code above I got (cancelled.jsp isn't displayed):
* * * * *
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find message resources under key
                                    org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE
         at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:248)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:289)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
         .
         .
* * * * *

I'm not using "org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE" anyway and if I remove
"saveErrors(request,errors);" from ProprietariosSaveAction,
cancelled.jsp is displayed with no msg errors.

Any help ???

My best regards,
Romualdo Rubens de Freitas
mailto:romualdo@sercomtel.com.br