Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2002/11/01 12:32:52 UTC

FW: R: GOODBYE from tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Who unsubbed this guy on Fri Nov  1 03:31:13 PST 2002???

1036089107 - ventluca@tiscali.it

It's not a probe, so, someone (one of the moderators, I believe), unsubbed
him manually (see at the bottom). Any reason why?

    Pier

Posted by Michael Davey <Mi...@CodeRage.ORG>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> I regularly receive such a message couple of times in a week. Been
> harassing my ISP for two months, and found that if I lock  my account
> (simply receiving mail due to the slow connection), and someone sends an
> e-mail during that, I immediately receive a warning from ezmlm. (Well
> that is what I found out).
>
> Don't think that anything is wrong either with my account, or my ISP,
> cause I have found no (well except from PHP-list using ezmlm too) other
> list behaving like that.

cvs sometimes sends a email to @jakarta.apache.org with a very long subject line
(does the RFC specify a legal maximum?), which is rejected by a mail server
somewhere between me and Apache (I think my ISP).  This causes ezmlm to probe my
account (send me a 'probe' email).  This happens several times a month.

--
Michael

RE: R: GOODBYE from tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@mappingsoft.com>.