Posted to users@maven.apache.org by DCVer <ke...@o2.pl> on 2007/08/21 13:50:19 UTC

buildNumber plugin error

I added the maven buildnumber plugin to a project and it worked quite fine.
But 2 developers say, that they receive such an error, while building the
project (mvn install):

[...]

[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] Storing buildNumber: null
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:396)
        at
org.codehaus.mojo.buildNumber.BuildNumberMojo.execute(BuildNumberMojo.java:313)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 7 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Aug 21 13:12:14 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/13M
[INFO]

The svn info command does the following:

[...]

Revision: 1048
[...]
Last Changed Rev: 1048
[...]

So why buildnumber plugin sees null rev number?? All commands were executed
in the same directory. This plugin works properly on my local PC - only
others have problems..

Re: buildNumber plugin error

Posted by DCVer <ke...@o2.pl>.
Any clues? Still not working...

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, this plugin isn't actually hosted at codehaus.
http://commons.ucalgary.ca/projects/maven-buildnumber-plugin/howto.html

Arnaud

On 29/08/2007, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could certainly request this as a new feature in the plugin. Post
> a RFE in Jira for MOJO project, and hopefully the plugin author will
> see it and decide to add your feature (or not) if he thinks it makes
> sense.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 8/29/07, DCVer <ke...@o2.pl> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, thats why it really failed in our project too. Because of some
> > problems with this plugin (e.g. build process fails if there is no .svn
> > directory = if someone exports the project) can maven be so configured,
> that
> > it wouldn't fail if the revision number will be null? It would just save
> > this null in the property file or wherever the revision number is set to
> be
> > saved and the build process would continue.
> >

> > nicolas de loof-2 wrote:
> > >
> > > I have the same issue as I'm french and my svn installation is
> localized
> > > by
> > > default, so the svn info command returns :
> > >
> > > "Révision : xxx"
> > >
> > > This makes the plugin fail. I've allready reported this issue to the
> > > plugin
> > > author and he planned to fix this in next release.
> > >
> > > Nico.

> plugins

> quite

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
> > >> >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
> > >> >

> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
> DefaultMaven.java
> :125)
> Method)
> :255)
> :430)
> :375)

> local

> > --

Arnaud HERITIER
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: buildNumber plugin error