Posted to user@struts.apache.org by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/10 19:45:00 UTC

struts 2.0, spring and GWT

Hi,

I want to create one framework(architecture) for our project in our company.
After reading through all the forums, i have decided to choose Struts 2.0,
Spring, Tiles.
Why i choosed that ------------
Struts 2.0 has very good support of Ajax and even we can use GWT/DWR/JSON.
Lots and Lots of advantages like this.(I Have some coding experience in
struts 2.0)
Spring Framework because it gives a very good Business tier(need to learn
Spring)
Can any body tell me, have you started like this. if yes did u face any
problems.
Please give me some suggestions.
I am not a experienced person in this framework developing/deciding
architecture.
So please help me.
And most of the examples are given in Sitemesh.But, i saw in one forum that
sitemesh is not good if we have more data on the pages.
so which one is better between sitemesh and tiles.

Thanks and Regards
Ratna Sekhar

Re: struts 2.0, spring and GWT

Posted by nani2ratna <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,
Thanks a lot.
And the info you have given helps me a lot.
I got confidence.
And here i found the place where encouraging the people who has less
experience to develop a frameowrk on theri own.
I am feeling very gr8 abt ur reply.
Can you give me your mail id so that in future if i have a doubt i can
contact you.
And another doubt is did you follow any material to wire spring and struts.
Can you explain about your business layer.

Thanks in Advance.
Ratna Sekhar

We are developing a large scale application using Spring, String 2, &
Tiles.  They were very easy to wire together and have been performing
quite well under load.  We have not yet needed the Ajax support, nor
any GWT/DWR/JSON libraries.  Hope that helps.
  (*Chris*)

Re: struts 2.0, spring and GWT

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.