Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Peter Burka <Pe...@twosigma.com> on 2021/11/22 23:18:34 UTC

Trouble building Groovy 3 jars

I'm attempting to backport the changes required to fix GROOVY-10201 from the main
branch to the GROOVY_3_0_X branch, but I'm hitting a weird problem. I'd like to
first test that the changes work and hopefully submit a pull request to get them
into 3.0.10. I've cherry-picked the changes and resolved conflicts (at least
superficially), but I'm hitting a weird problem: no matter how I build, the
./target/libs/groovy-3.0.10-SNAPSHOT-indy.jar file doesn't include the updated
classes. I've confirmed (with javap) that the class files on disk reflect the
patches, but the class files in the jar are always out of date.

Possibly related, I can't get gradle to package the jar files into the same
directory structure as in the binary distribution (i.e. ./indy/*.jar is missing).

I'm sure I'm missing something basic. Can someone point me in the right direction?

/peter