Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/21 08:14:03 UTC

TomEE Test Class Wiriting Rules and Documentation

Hi all
Currently for the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2150 case, I
have just replicated the one of the test class to test issue scenario.
Romain said that there are some test rules

(we can add this kind of test but please don't use EJBContainer, rather an
> application composer test which avoids all the scanning which is not that
> great in our internal modules cause it is easy to get side effects. )

Do we have any documentation in our web site to help other developers to
understand the test writing rules? If not, we need to have one.

Currently majority of the tests does not get into this category. Problem
here is that if anybody wants to contribute to the project, one of the
thing they will do is to look at tests and replicate them.

Regards.
Gurkan

Re: TomEE Test Class Wiriting Rules and Documentation

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gurkan,

this is a valid point and you are right we are plain naked in the town.
Whereas we have some good pointers to write tests in our doc (
http://tomee.apache.org/developer/testing/index.html) we don't have
contribution guidelines.

It also quite moved during last years cause we started from a "hey,
EJBContainer is great" to a "it doesn't scale in our own build where each
test is a different app".

Feel free to add some notes in the site (contribution section I guess)
about the recommandation to 1. use application composer for all module
tests and 2. arquillian modules for "integration tests" (understand run in
a real tomee)

Romain Manni-Bucau