Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2002/02/19 12:52:41 UTC

RE: FileWritingTransformer and Windows

Hi,

I'm not sure, but I think windows needs two slashes after "file:" - the
backslashes are not required.

How do you construct the whole file URI? Do you use the SourceResolver?
If you for example use the relative path "mount/editor/docs/test1.xml" and
put it into the SourceResolver.resolve method, it will give you
automatically
the correct path independent from the OS.

HTH
Carsten

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
At 12:52 pm +0100 19/2/02, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm not sure, but I think windows needs two slashes after "file:" - the
>backslashes are not required.
>
>How do you construct the whole file URI? Do you use the SourceResolver?
>If you for example use the relative path "mount/editor/docs/test1.xml" and
>put it into the SourceResolver.resolve method, it will give you
>automatically
>the correct path independent from the OS.

The class uses the SourceResolver to resolve the urls you give it.

Unless you are constructing your own incorrect full paths, I do not
understand why the SourceResolver would suddenly stop working.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@mac.com>     		 <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>