Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 11:37:54 UTC

Re: Getting rid of the "wish" issue type

On 8/17/06, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should get rid of the "wish" issue type.
>
> I don't see that we're likely to have someone surfing the jira issue
> tracker looking for things to do.
>
> If someone wants to wish for something, the user list (or maybe a wiki
> page) seems like a better place to do it.
>
> All this issue type is doing is collecting work that other people are
> not willing to do themselves.
>
> We already have a "new feature" type that people use when they plan to
> provide patches to implement their new feature.

No one objected to removing "Wish" as an issue type.
Unfortunately, that appears to be beyond my ability to change in the
JIRA system.

Looks like it is defined here:

Issue Type Scheme:  Apache Default Issue Type Scheme

So maybe it's not something we can change solely for our project.

Re: Getting rid of the "wish" issue type

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Manfred.  I forgot to check for closed issues.
I'll take care of those, and make the change when I've done so.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.