Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rick <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/22 06:04:32 UTC

Cobertura? what is ignore used for in maven, I don't see it mentioned...

The maven cobertura plugin page
http://mojo.codehaus.org/cobertura-maven-plugin/usage.html has an
example like:

<plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <instrumentation>
            <ignores>
              <ignore>com.example.boringcode.*</ignore>
            </ignores>
            <excludes>
              <exclude>com/example/dullcode/**/*.class</exclude>
              <exclude>com/example/**/*Test.class</exclude>
            </excludes>
          </instrumentation>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

what is "ignore" used for? What's the difference between ignore and
exclude? I don't see the concept of ignore mentioned at all on the
cobertura site so I'm guessing it's a maven thing?

--
Rick

Re: Cobertura? what is ignore used for in maven, I don't see it mentioned...

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I'm guessing that ignore will still measure the coverage, but if you are
enforcing a minimum coverage number, that package will be ignored.  Exclude
will not even bother measuring the coverage