Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by theseros <se...@trazen.org> on 2007/04/03 03:15:38 UTC

java.security.AccessControlException

I'm new at this but I've been trying to figure this out for days.  I'm trying
to deploy an open-source webapp and I'm running into this permission
problem:

Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class
org.openmrs.web.Listener

(java.lang.RuntimePermission getenv.OPENMRS_RUNTIME_PROPERTIES_FILE)

The environment variable OPENMRS_RUNTIME_PROPERTIES_FILE is properly set to
to the correct path, using an absolute path - but even when it's set to some
incorrect, garbage path, I get this error.

What seems obvious to me is that somehow I need to grant my OpenMRS webapp
permissions call java.lang.RuntimePermission.getenv(), is this correct?
I've tried to edit catalina.policies but I'm really unsure of what to put in
there, and any changes I make to the file seem to evaporate whenever Tomcat
restarts.

I'd be very grateful for your help.  Peace.