Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Jean-Noël Colin <jn...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/01 11:21:51 UTC

Re: Wookie Profixy feature

Returning cookies from remote side is one thing, another thing is to send available cookies to that remote side as well.

About inserting websites into widgets, it also sounds to me like a bad idea. The way I see it is that the widget would provide the UI and possibly some logic, while the remote side would act as a backend. Do you share this view?

Is there anything in the widgets specs that forbids inserting websites into widgets (basically having a widget with just an iframe with src parameter pointing to a remote site)

Cheers

--
Jean-Noël

Re: Wookie Profixy feature

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 1 Nov 2011, at 10:21, Jean-Noël Colin wrote:

> Returning cookies from remote side is one thing, another thing is to send available cookies to that remote side as well.

Given the origin issue (see other email) I'm not sure either is a good idea :(

> About inserting websites into widgets, it also sounds to me like a bad idea. The way I see it is that the widget would provide the UI and possibly some logic, while the remote side would act as a backend. Do you share this view?

I think thats the basic model most people think of.

> Is there anything in the widgets specs that forbids inserting websites into widgets (basically having a widget with just an iframe with src parameter pointing to a remote site)

No, not really. However a widget isn't expected to navigate, so if you pull in a site that contains links its unlikely to work, especially on mobile widget runtimes. I think for Wookie the problem is mainly if you try to proxify it first, as it will then have the wrong origin. But just pulling in a page as an iframe should be OK, and can be a reasonable quick hack to get a widget created by wrapping an existing "widget-like" web application.