Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> on 2000/02/08 01:58:42 UTC

Xerces-J Release Update: SAX2beta, etc.

If you're a dedicated CVS log watcher, I'm sure you've noticed
a number of commits from me today regarding SAX2beta. I have
now done the initial checkin of code needed by the SAX2beta.
So you should be able to extract the latest code and start
using it.

However, there are a number of things that still need to be
done before we can do a release. Among these are:

1) Verify that the SAX2beta code works!
2) Add anything missing. Currently, I think it's pretty
   close but I know that I need to handle the read-only
   access of features/properties during a parse.
3) Update documentation.
4) Make Xerces-J fully NLS capable. In other words, fix all
   of those hard-coded strings!
5) Anything else I can think of and everything else that
   I haven't thought of.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: Xerces-J Release Update: SAX2beta, etc.

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:
> Great :) :) :) Thank you Andy!
>
>         Pier (gone fishin' in CVS!)

There were two slight problems with my commit -- aside from
the list of things that still need to be done.

1) DOMParser.java still imported the Configurable interface
   even though it's now gone. I've fixed that now.
2) The SAX2beta NamespaceSupport.java file would not compile
   with with Java 1.1.x. I fixed this as well and mailed a
   patch to xml-dev.

It should be all fine now! We still need someone to check
the SAX2beta APIs and make sure that they do what they're
supposed to. If noone has checked by the time I get some
other things done, I'll have to verify it myself. Either
way, it'll get done before the release.

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Andy Clark wrote:

> If you're a dedicated CVS log watcher, I'm sure you've noticed
> a number of commits from me today regarding SAX2beta. I have
> now done the initial checkin of code needed by the SAX2beta.
> So you should be able to extract the latest code and start
> using it.

Great :) :) :) Thank you Andy!

	Pier (gone fishin' in CVS!)

<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>