Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by David Hodgkinson <da...@hodgkinson.org> on 2000/07/10 14:51:49 UTC

Apache::Leak

I'm investigating smallish memory leakages in a former CGI script that
is now running live as an Apache::Registry script. I've done the bits
in the famous guide and the SUPPORT document to get a debugging
version of mod_perl going.

According to the error log output, I'm leaking anything between 15 and
25 SVs per run of the Apache::Registry script. So, to interpreting the
copious emissions:

new fb1d58 : SV = PVAV(0xffee88)
  REFCNT = 1
  FLAGS = (PADBUSY,PADMY)
  IV = 0
  NV = 0
  ARRAY = 0x0
  ALLOC = 0x0
  FILL = -1
  MAX = -1
  ARYLEN = 0x0
  FLAGS = (REAL)

And so on.

My question is, what does all this mean? Where can I find
documentation? How do I know which variable have been leaked?

Thanks,

Dave

--
Dave Hodgkinson,                             http://www.hodgkinson.org