Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu> on 2005/04/12 00:03:33 UTC

Specifying logging.properties file via system property doesn't work?

Until Tomcat 5.5.9 I was specifying my java.util.logging.config.file using a
system property set using CATALINA_OPTS like the following.

CATALINA_OPTS='-Djava.util.logging.config.file=/opt/jakarta-tomcat-dev/conf/logging.properties
 -Dorg.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger'After removing, the logging.properties file from common/classes (Call mecrazy, but, I like having all my apps log to a single file (that way I don'thave to check 5 files for errors)) I found that nothing would get logged(even though I specified the logging.properties file using the systemproperty).I was able to solve the problem by simply copying my logging.properties fileto common/classes. It seems like using the system property should work toothough...Jon