Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Bates, Alex" <AB...@teradata-ncr.com> on 2003/08/07 19:00:14 UTC

OJB uses jdbc cursor to Update - but my cursor doesn't support up date!

Hello,

I've isolated the root cause of my problem.  But turning debugging on, I saw
all the SQL OJB was generating in my JBoss log file.

OJB generates SQL for SELECT and INSERT.  But for UPDATE, no SQL is
generated - it assumes it has an Updatable Cursor.  But my driver cursor
does not support update.

Q:  How do I tell OJB to use SQL to update instead of updating through a
Cursor?  I tried setting JDBC level to 1.0 in repository_database.xml, but
this didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

Re: OJB uses jdbc cursor to Update - but my cursor doesn't support up date!

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Alex

Bates, Alex wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've isolated the root cause of my problem.  But turning debugging on, I saw
> all the SQL OJB was generating in my JBoss log file.
>
> OJB generates SQL for SELECT and INSERT.  But for UPDATE, no SQL is
> generated - it assumes it has an Updatable Cursor.  But my driver cursor
> does not support update.

OJB does not use Updatable Cursors.
Using UC would mean to have a cursor  opened between read and the final
broker.store() call. We don't do this to avoid problems with opened
resources and because only a few JDBC drivers properly support this feature.

SO if there are no UPDATE statements generated it must be caused by
something else.

are you using the ODMG API or the PB API?
Please provide the code section where you don't get UPDATES generated.

cheers,
Thomas