Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/05/03 13:28:17 UTC

Better alternative to ESQL?

There seems to be a very a strong "current of opinion" on the list at
present (April 2004) saying that XSP is not really a suitable component
of a "well archictectured" Cocoon application.  My major use of it has
been in the development of complex database reporting systems; using
ESQL for the bulk of the work and adding in Java code to do any
necessary non-SQL calculations.

If the use of XSP (and, therefore, I assume, ESQL) is not espoused any
longer, what is the "equivalent but better" methodology for tackling
this type of work, and where is/are the corresponding examples/docs on
the Cocoon sites?

Thanks
Derek

PS Yes, I have looked at XReporter...