Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dimitris Mouchritsas <di...@eurodyn.com> on 2008/06/16 13:45:28 UTC

Provide a link from an error message

Hi again,
If you've been following my threads a bit you'll see that we're
developing an app using struts 1.2.4.
I have another question, we'd like to provide a link in some of the
error messages. But struts seems
to change < to &lt;
I know that writing html in the ApplicationResources.properties file is
bad so I thought we'd use
parameters like:
{0}{1}{2} is required

Where {0} would be <a href="...">,
{1} the text for the link and
{2} </a>

but still struts converts < and >.

The code we use to display the errors is this:
<%-- Error messages --%>
<logic:messagesPresent message="false">
        <ul>
                <li>
                    <bean:write name="msg" />
                </li>
        </ul>
            <button id="MClose" type="submit"><bean:message
key="prompt.close" /></button>
</logic:messagesPresent>

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks
Dimitris

Re: Provide a link from an error message

Posted by Dimitris Mouchritsas <di...@eurodyn.com>.