Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jono <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/14 13:50:27 UTC

csv logging even in gui mode

I typically run Jmeter in non-GUI mode with no listeners.  I
parse the CSV log file that is spat out in real time to graphite.
Basically, I tail the CSV file Jmeter generates as it is running.

I know this is a bit crufty but it has worked for me thus far.

Occasionally, I run Jmeter in GUI mode so I can more directly
monitor the tests as well as quickly alter them as needed.  I'd
like for these test results to be piped to graphite as well but I
cannot get Jmeter to produce a CSV log file of the same
format while in GUI mode.

Is there a way to produce this log file while in GUI mode?

Alternatively, can I get my results into graphite somehow
else? Note that I don't want to dive into creating Jmeter
plugins.

Re: csv logging even in gui mode

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17 February 2013 15:26, Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, you will have two logs :)

 ... only if you use the jmeter-n.cmd script, which includes the
following option:

      -l "%~n1.jtl"

which creates a log file based on the jmeter.properties settings.

If you only want the result files specified by the JMX test plan,
don't add the optional result file.

For example, use the command-line:

jmeter -t testplan.jmx -n -j testplan.log

Posted by Shmuel Krakower <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you will have two logs :)

Posted by Jono <jo...@gmail.com>.