Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aljosa Mohorovic <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/05 16:25:36 UTC

define jndi/datasource resource (something similar to websphere?)

i'm trying to deploy a spring/hibernate based application on tomcat
and i have this defined in application:
<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
    <property name="jndiName" value="java:DB2DS" />
</bean>

application is currently running on websphere where jndi/datasource is
defined via websphere admin console and nothing special is required in
application.

i'm trying to find a way where i don't need to change my app to work
on tomcat, some way to define jndi resource that doesn't require
changes to application.
every document related to this requires some changes to app so i'm
wondering how can i configure tomcat with minimal changes in my app?

Aljosa Mohorovic

Re: define jndi/datasource resource (something similar to websphere?)

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.
Aljosa Mohorovic wrote:
> i'm trying to find a way where i don't need to change my app to work
> on tomcat, some way to define jndi resource that doesn't require
> changes to application.
> every document related to this requires some changes to app so i'm
> wondering how can i configure tomcat with minimal changes in my app?

Everything is described on
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html ;-)

Anyway, minimal setup requires META-INF/context.xml file with resource
definition and a reference to it in web.xml.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>