Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by TechList <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> on 2008/07/27 22:24:35 UTC

Hooks to disable read access

Hello,
Is there any hook script that can control who can read the repository ? If
not, what would be the template hook to use, is it pre-lock ? I want to
prevent a read access for some user for certain repository.
I looked at the documentation but I am not sure about the second argument that
get passed to this hook.

Thank you for any help.
RDB

Re: Hooks to disable read access

Posted by "Reuben D. Budiardja" <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu>.
On Sunday 27 July 2008 8:04:39 pm Andy Levy wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 18:24, TechList
>
> <te...@pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Is there any hook script that can control who can read the repository ?
> > If not, what would be the template hook to use, is it pre-lock ? I want
> > to prevent a read access for some user for certain repository.
> > I looked at the documentation but I am not sure about the second argument
> > that get passed to this hook.
>
> There are no hooks that get executed on 'read" actions.
>
> Why are you not restricting their access via SVN's built-in
> authentication/authorization?

I am planning to have a generic user on the server, and SVN transaction will
be done via svn+ssh with SSH public keys and tunnel user. However, I still
want to be able to control read/write access of different user to different
repository. Accoding to the manual, the tunnel users will already be consider
as authenticated user, so I can't use the built-in authorization.

Any suggestion how should I go about doing this ?

Thanks.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.