Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Matthew Jackson <ma...@remoteroot.org> on 2004/02/02 03:06:37 UTC

include multiple .cf files in local.cf?

Given all the excellent rulesets out there, the challenge for me now
becomes managing each of them without stomping all over the other ones at
the same time.  It seems like this would be best accomplished with an
"import/include/use/require/etc" statement in local.cf which could import
an external .cf file into the ruleset of SA.

This would allow chickenpox, backhair, popcorn, etc to each have their own
file and make it much easier to update and keep each current without
worrying about unintentionally whacking the others.

I've RTFM'ed and haven't come up with the answer yet.  Can anyone lend any
pointers on whether this function exists & how to implement it?

Thanks all!!

Re: include multiple .cf files in local.cf?

Posted by Richard Ozer <ro...@ois-online.com>.
I'm keeping them separate right now.  Any ruleset (i.e. file ending with a
.cf extension) is automatically read and used by spamassassin, as long as it
is sitting in the same directory as local.cf (i.e. the user ruleset
directory)... in my case it's /etc/spamassassin.

RO