Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by twood2k <th...@uscg.mil> on 2019/05/13 19:17:59 UTC

Queue federation messages only consumed on new connection?

Hi, we are experimenting with queue federation to simulate a dmz
configuration.
server1 is connected upstream to dmz server2.

Messages are sent to server2 and consumed from server1.

We noticed that messages are only federated on a new connection to server1.

So server1 clients only get messages that existed on server2 prior to when
the server1 client connected.

Any messages arriving on server2 will not be transferred to server1 until
the client reconnects or a new client connects.

Hope this isn't too confusing and thanks in advance!

Re: Queue federation messages only consumed on new connection?

Posted by twood2k <th...@uscg.mil>.
federation works as expected if the address and queue are defined:
<include queue-match="TEST.OUT_Q" address-match="TEST.OUT_Q"/>

Wildcards seem to cause the issue i described:
<include queue-match="#" address-match="#"/>

thanks again!