Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Tim Chou <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/13 01:27:57 UTC

Use hive on hadoop 3.0.0

Dear Hivers,

I am a user of HIVE ( or HIVE-TEZ banch). I want to let hive use on
Hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

I have changed hadoop version when I compiled hive. But it still doesn't
work with Hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

I don't know how to do in this situation. Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Use hive on hadoop 3.0.0

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
If you are using HIVE-TEZ branch, you also need tez (git clone
git@github.com:apache/tez.git). Publish the tez artifacts locally (mvn
clean install -DskipTests).
In hive, change build.properties to have
hadoop-0.23.version=Hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  Specifying that using
"-Dhadoop-0.23.version" in your ant command should also work. You
should also specify "-Dhadoop.mr.rev=23"

Btw, you can also use branch-2.1-beta branch of hadoop, which results
in version 2.1.2-SNAPSHOT currently.

Thanks,
Thejas

--