Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Brian Goodrich <br...@personallc.com> on 2005/08/01 23:56:18 UTC

Component named "mailstore" failed to pass through the Initialization stage

Well, I've got my libraries imported, but along the way I've
contracted a new problem.  Anybody ever seen this or know what to do
about it?

I haven't touched the <mailstore> section of xml in config.xml
and I'm running against the james test database specified by:

<data-source name="maildb"
class="org.apache.james.util.mordred.JdbcDataSource">
     <driver>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</driver>
     <dburl>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/test?autoReconnect=true</dburl>
     <user></user>
     <password></password>
     <max>20</max>
   </data-source>

And I'm still getting the same error even though I've removed the
code that I brought in for configuring my datasource from my java.class

Re: Component named "mailstore" failed to pass through the Initialization stage

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
You should look for exceptions in the logs.
Prabably james is not able to connect to database and you configured it to
use a db.
Being not able to connect to the database is a good cause to fail the
initialization.

Stefano