Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by felipe gutierrez <fe...@usto.re> on 2014/11/19 16:26:15 UTC

distributed file system with jclouds.

Hi Gaul,

I was reading your site <http://gaul.org/> and this presentation
<http://gaul.org/talks/cloud-storage-with-apache-jclouds/#4>. Thanks to
share that =)!

I am wondering to study about distributed file systems and may you have any
books/papers to help me on the theory about it? I also wonder to create
simple Java tests with jclouds.

Thanks in advance.
Felipe

Re: distributed file system with jclouds.

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 12:26:15PM -0300, felipe gutierrez wrote:
> I was reading your site <http://gaul.org/> and this presentation
> <http://gaul.org/talks/cloud-storage-with-apache-jclouds/#4>. Thanks to
> share that =)!

Thanks Felipe, I enjoyed presenting this earlier today at ApacheCon!

> I am wondering to study about distributed file systems and may you have any
> books/papers to help me on the theory about it? I also wonder to create
> simple Java tests with jclouds.

I recommend the following presentation for one approach to building
distributed file systems:

http://www.slideshare.net/Maginatics/maginatics-sdc-2013-architecting-an-enterprise-storage-platform-using-object-stores

Some of the foundational work includes AFS and Coda while more recent
work includes SMB2 and NFSv4.  Several publicly available papers cover
their designs and implementations.  Generally file systems are beyond
the scope of jclouds; the cloud interconnect is only one part of the
larger solution.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/