Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gorka Echevarría <ge...@bilbomatica.es> on 2002/12/10 17:34:12 UTC

How can I generate editable reports using FOP

Hi all,

Does anybody know if can I generate a report to the browser using FOP and allow the user to edit this report?

Thank you

Gorka

Re: How can I generate editable reports using FOP

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Gorka Echevarría wrote:
> Does anybody know if can I generate a report to the browser using FOP
> and allow the user to edit this report?

It depends on what you mean with "editable". You can edit
any PDF file with certain tools.
If you want to insert input fields into the result, this
is something which FOP can't do, and which XSLFO is not
exactly designed for.
SOmeone published about an extension to FOP for inserting
roughly raw PDF instructions into the result, which can be
used to porduce input fields, but you should have read and
understand the PDF spec in order to use this. Search the
list archive if you are interested.

J.Pietschmann