Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Potnuru Arvind <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/11 10:01:08 UTC

Unable to Add Header/Footer to a Excel File created by BO using Apache POI-3.0.2-FINAL-20080204.jar

All I want to do is to add a Header/Footer to the attached xls file without
manually editing the xls file(since it was created by BO(Business Object))

Please respond me with appropriate solution.

Thanks in well advance

Attached Files:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16626780/Top_N_Report.xls Top_N_Report.xls
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16626780/NewExcelReader.java NewExcelReader.java
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16626780/poi-3.0.2-FINAL-20080204.jar
poi-3.0.2-FINAL-20080204.jar

While I was trying to add a Header/Footer to the Top_N_Report .xls
[attached] using NewExcelReader.java [attached], I'm getting the following
exception

HSSFHeader header = ws.getHeader(); // 32.NewExcelReader.java

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFFooter.<init>(HSSFFooter.java:48)
	at org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet.getFooter(HSSFSheet.java:957)
	at NewExcelReader.main(NewExcelReader.java:32)

Please Note:
i) I ve used poi-3.0.2-FINAL-20080204.jar for reading excel file.
ii) At any cost do not modify the attached Excel file, since it was created
by BO(Business Object).