Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org> on 2002/06/06 04:13:59 UTC

Web Service Orchestration Server

Can someone on the team comment on this new product.
I looked at the wite paper, saw a lot of UI and diagrams, still couldn't see
through the fluff. Initially thought it's competing Cocoon sitemap, then
WSFL, now I'm confused as to what this product is about.

Collaxa Announces Availability of Web Service Orchestration Server 1.0
http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/431/1/1/

Re: Web Service Orchestration Server

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
On Thursday 06 June 2002 04:13, Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>. . .
> Collaxa Announces Availability of Web Service Orchestration Server 1.0
> http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/431/1/1/

As far as I understand it, their aim is very similar to WSFL: coordinate the
work of multiple web services " into a collaborative and transactional
business process", where WSFL says "composition and choreography".

Getting this to work in a transactional way is certainly a tall order...

-Bertrand