Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Robert Herold <he...@cotagesoft.com> on 2002/09/06 20:42:59 UTC

RC1: wsdl2java broken?

I use java2wsdl to generate a WSDL file, then WSDL2Java to generate
deployment files and client stubs.  This worked fine up through beta 3.  In
RC1, however, WSDL2Java gets the following error:

java.io.IOException: Type {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema} is referenced
but n
ot defined.
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.checkForUndefined(Symbol
Table.java:485)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.add(SymbolTable.java:385
)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:372)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:359)
        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:247)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

I am invoking it as follows:

java -classpath
c:/temp/axis-generated/xhub/hackclasses;s:/lib/axis.jar;s:/lib/s
aaj.jar;s:/lib/jaxrpc.jar;s:/lib/commons-logging.jar;s:/lib/commons-discover
y.ja
r;s:/lib/wsdl4j.jar;s:/lib/tomcat/jaxrpc.jar;s:/lib/tt-bytecode.jar;s:/lib/a
ctiv
ation.jar;s:/lib/log4j.jar;s:/bld/classes;s:/bld/test/classes
org.apache.axis.ws
dl.WSDL2Java --server-side --deployScope Application XHub.wsdl

WSDL2Java must work for the Axis team, as they use it extensively in their
tests.  Any thoughts as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,

-- bob

----------
Robert Herold
Cotagesoft, Inc.
650 474 9013 x808

Re: RC1: wsdl2java broken?

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
Robert Herold wrote:

>I use java2wsdl to generate a WSDL file, then WSDL2Java to generate
>deployment files and client stubs.  This worked fine up through beta 3.  In
>RC1, however, WSDL2Java gets the following error:

  I submitted a bug report on this today. If you look at the results
from java2wsdl you will see a comment about how anyType will be used (I
had this happen when it encountered me using java.util.LinkedList).  If
you just use the primitive types (ie no linked lists) then it may work
alright. That is how I got some of my wsdl files to be created.